
Wishing this pretty lady a VERY happy birthday!
Yesterday she turned 23
and out of all the children in heaven I was given
the sweet blessing of sharing 21 and a half of those years with her.
Words cannot even begin to explain how much she means to me....
and as I think about our time together
my eyes fill with tears of gratitude for every moment we've shared.
I will admit many of those moments were spent
fighting, arguing, teasing or crying,
of course I was always the one crying
because either she had hit harder than I possibly could
or I was crying to get her in trouble
And I almost always got my way,
and usually still do to this day............
(and she will laugh when she sees this because I have always denied that)
I liked to think it was because I am the favorite child ;)
but to be quite honest
It's because she has ALWAYS been the bigger person
from the very beginning....
I learned to walk
by holding on to the back of her toy car as she drove it around our living room
I gained my first love of sports
by following her onto the volleyball court
I was taught how to dress by her flare for fashion
I was given the chance to see her overcome trials
and truly succeed
I learned from her tears of heartache and boys
I gained a hope for my future
as I saw her marry the many of her dreams for eternity
I saw true love as she carried her first child
and gave birth to that beautiful baby girl
Although she says she had to hold my hand until I was 20
I beg to differ
She never held my hand,
she held my heart.
All I ever wanted was to be just like her
walk like her, talk like her, and of course look like her.
She was my idol and to this day
I only hope that someday I can become like her
Her example and love are something I learn from everyday
Just like my mother, she is never quick to judge
she takes the time to truly understand those around her
and her heart of gold never ceases to amaze me.
I've watched her all along her journey
her ups and downs
her highs and lows
She's come so far is so few years
sometimes I can't believe my eyes.
Daughter.
Sister.
Wife.
and mother
Mother.
I only hope that someday I may amount to half her goodness.
I love you Jax
with all my heart!
Thank you for being the sister I always needed
Happy Happy Birthday
with many more to come :)
xoxo



No comments:
Post a Comment