Wow.
What a week.
To be quite honest it's been
CRAZY
to say the least.
Saturday= Earthquake,
2:30 a.m. and I was DEAD asleep
so I didn't feel it.
BUT
Saturday night=
10:30 p.m. laying on my bed listening to tunes
and pinning, yes pinning is my new addiction
when ALL of a SUDDEN
my entire bed is shaking uncontrollably.
First thought,
the guys up stairs are gettin a little rowdy.
Second thought,
nobody lives upstairs.
Third,
Am I having a seizure?
and Fourth,
NO you dummy!!! EARTHQUAKE!!!
Okay, so it knocked a few pictures
and my mirror off the wall.
No big deal right?
WRONG.
K, maybe you're right
but I'll be the first to admit I was scared.
So..... I called my Mom :)
Mothers always make everything better!
(just a small fact, this earthquake was actually
the largest ever recorded in Oklahoma. WEIRD.)
Now, Monday.
Just to be clear
"head to the storm shelter, a Tornado is on the ground
and headed our way!"
are words you NEVER want to experience for yourself
Did you ever pretend there was a Tornado coming
when you were little?
GUILTY.
But even my 7-10 yr. old imaginative brilliance
couldn't prepare me for that moment.
Thoughts rush through your head,
thoughts although somewhat dramatic in nature they may be,
are none the less very real at that moment
and you NEVER want them to become reality.
Things are quickly put into perspective as you
simply
SIT
and wait
for the unknown.
And let me just say,
underground storm shelters
are NOT a comforting place to contemplate
the fulfillment of you life.
Just Sayin!
So, Tornado passes
ALL is well.
(mind you, this was recorded as the biggest tornado in Oklahoma history.... Lovely.)![]() |
For an hour, then Tornado is headed back this way
REALLY???
So.... More waiting. Not quite as long.
an hour or so
until we are finally cleared for relief!
Then......
The floods came.
AND
another earthquake
just a tiny one.
and after all the other excitement it seemed like nothing!
I know CRAZY right!?
Although I was
probably more scared for my life than ever,
and ridiculous unimaginable thoughts flashed through my head
at the rate of light
I can honestly say
I had a calm, peaceful feeling throughout
the whole ordeal,
and my thoughts turned towards wonderful memories.
Like I said before
its times like these when you realize
Who matters, What doesn't
and where you want to be when all is said and done
And in the end
I am forever grateful that I get to spend the rest of my life
and Eternity
with these crazies
Because without them
I am nothing.
And that's what this week of CRAZINESS
has blessed me with.
Blessed. Thankful.
xoxo
Always and Forever
Selu Marie





No comments:
Post a Comment