Saturday, November 12, 2011

Beginnings and Endings.


These lovelies are
FINALLY
coming Home.

(my Aunt Kerstin and Uncle Mike with their beautiful family)

She's more like my sister than my Aunt
and her kids are my babies.

I'm a lot like her in many ways
and many times throughout my life
she has been my strength.

They've been gone for almost 3 years now
living on an island too far away to swim.
and considering the average plane ticket to and from
this little island is quite pricey
We haven't been together in a long time.
I've missed them
more than they will ever know

Being so far away has been hard
and at times I wouldn't call for long amounts of time
because it was just easier that way.

But today I am overwhelmed with gratitude
for a Father in Heaven
who is allowing our Family to be together again.

Today was there last Sunday on their little Island
they are leaving behind many
who have come to love them as I do.
Many who have loved them as their own
and given them a place to call home away from home
I am grateful for these wonderful people
and the love they have given this dear family of mine.

I know they will be missed
but I pray with all my heart that those they leave behind
will know how grateful I am for the Lords timing.
Our family has long awaited this day
and I'm grateful he sees it fit to bless us
with each others presence once again.
A piece of my heart
has long been on an island
far from me.
And although it has been tenderly cared for
and lovingly watched over,
it is still a piece I am missing
one I long for
one I need.
And I am indeed grateful
for its return.

May we all find a deeper sense of gratitude
for the things and people we love the most
as we are reminded through this month of Thanksgiving :)




xoxo
Always and Forever
Selu Marie


No comments:

Post a Comment