I miss these handsome boys!

I feel like each of them holds a special part of my heart,
they are my pride and joy
(much to their dismay at times)
although secretly I know they LOVE
my embarrassing them in front of their friends,
and cheering louder than all the moms
at their sporting events :)
Being away from them for long periods of time
tugs at my heartstrings
and I know they get sick of talking to me
because I call so often throughout the week.
This year with 4 of them playing football....
Well lets just say I call ALL THE TIME!
But
This one....

has always been my little boy.
(not so little anymore is he?)
I'm not sure how to explain the love I have for this kid...
since we were little I always wanted him to be my little "buddy"
in my eyes he could do NO wrong
and for those who thought differently, they had another thing comin!
Even as we've grown up I have always wanted to be by his side
every football game, basketball game, golf tournament, track meet,
you NAME IT. I was there.
When working towards a task or goal
this kid cannot be stopped.
He has a passion for the game he plays
and watching his life unfold has inspired me beyond measure.
His path has been FAR from easy,
and at times I have sincerely prayed and pleaded
that I could somehow take his burdens from him.....
Sometimes I questioned why things had to happen to him,
when he is so deserving of all things good and great.
I would give anything to see him attain his goals and dreams
and I felt the Lord had given him too much to handle.
But let me tell you this,
NEVER once has this he complained.
NEVER once has he given up.
and NEVER once has he failed to exercise his Faith.
He is my Hero.
He has given me the strength to understand hard things
He has given me the courage to persevere and push on
and for that I am forever grateful.
Tomorrow he will fight with his football team for a State Championship
and tomorrow my heart and stomach
will be turning ALL DAY LONG!



BRING IT HOME BOYS!
xoxo
Always and Forever
Selu Marie





No comments:
Post a Comment