My Dearest Grandma
your precious smile has lingered in my head all day.
And I felt like a little girl again,
sitting,
closing my eyes,
and wishing for something with all my heart....
I wished that somehow
I could open my eyes
and your house would magically appear before me.
I wished I could bake you a cake
and hum you a birthday tune.
I wished I could cuddle up in your bed with you
and watch a scary movie.
Go for a walk along our favorite spots at the beach
and just be us :)
BUT
SuRpRiSe
it didn't work.
So
I laughed at myself
and figured a skype call and blog post would have to suffice.
Ever since I was a little girl
I knew you were
SPECIAL.
Someone I would love forever and ever.
and someone that would love me in return.
Throughout the years
your love has never faltered
your smile, never faded
your strength, never wavered
and your example
has never stopped shining.
Life has not been easy.
Trials and hardship have come.
But Oh how very blessed I feel
when I think of the love and compassion
my Father in heaven has sent me.
By sending me to you.
The memories
the smiles
the laughter
the tears
The moments of pure and ever lasting joy.
Joy that will stick with me throughout eternity.
Thank You for raising my mother.
For teaching her to love
and giving her strength beyond her own.
Thank You for raising my Aunt Kerstin.
For raising her to be
the wonderful and amazing woman that she is today.
Thank You for accepting my Father as your son.
For loving him beyond doubt
and never failing to show it.
Thank You for loving my Grandpa Jack
and showing me what it means to love
FOREVER and EVER.
Grandma
Thank you for your stories.
Your magic and your memories!
I hope your birthday was filled with Love
and that all your wishes come true :)
I love you more than anything in the world!
xoxoxo
Love Forever and Always,
Your Angel Girl
Selu
your precious smile has lingered in my head all day.
And I felt like a little girl again,
sitting,
closing my eyes,
and wishing for something with all my heart....
I wished that somehow
I could open my eyes
and your house would magically appear before me.
I wished I could bake you a cake
and hum you a birthday tune.
I wished I could cuddle up in your bed with you
and watch a scary movie.
Go for a walk along our favorite spots at the beach
and just be us :)
BUT
SuRpRiSe
it didn't work.
So
I laughed at myself
and figured a skype call and blog post would have to suffice.
Ever since I was a little girl
I knew you were
SPECIAL.
Someone I would love forever and ever.
and someone that would love me in return.
Throughout the years
your love has never faltered
your smile, never faded
your strength, never wavered
and your example
has never stopped shining.
Life has not been easy.
Trials and hardship have come.
But Oh how very blessed I feel
when I think of the love and compassion
my Father in heaven has sent me.
By sending me to you.
The memories
the smiles
the laughter
the tears
The moments of pure and ever lasting joy.
Joy that will stick with me throughout eternity.
Thank You for raising my mother.
For teaching her to love
and giving her strength beyond her own.
Thank You for raising my Aunt Kerstin.
For raising her to be
the wonderful and amazing woman that she is today.
Thank You for accepting my Father as your son.
For loving him beyond doubt
and never failing to show it.
Thank You for loving my Grandpa Jack
and showing me what it means to love
FOREVER and EVER.
Grandma
Thank you for your stories.
Your magic and your memories!
I hope your birthday was filled with Love
and that all your wishes come true :)
I love you more than anything in the world!
xoxoxo
Love Forever and Always,
Your Angel Girl
Selu



No comments:
Post a Comment