I can't believe it's December.
I've been meaning to post
about my first Thanksgiving away from Home
But things here have been a bit crazy
to say the least....
My Thanksgiving was
WONDERFUL!
I spent my Thanksgiving Day
in WaTONGA, Oklahoma
Yes W-A-T-O-N-G-A
Its a small southern town just like many here in OK.
But the people were delightful,
and how grateful I am for their hospitality.
My lovely teammate Karson and her family
hosted the plentiful ocassion
and I had some of my foreign teammates with me as well
we had a great time!
If I could take only one thing from this adventure
it's that I have been truly blessed with amazing teammates.
The moments I've shared with these girls
will be with me forever
and how grateful I am for each one of them.
I ate entirely WAY TOO MUCH Turkey!
AND it was deep fried Turkey for that matter.
Don't ask, just take my word for it
it was the best thing these lips have ever feasted upon.
I probably ate 6 pieces of pie
NOT EVEN kidding
It was great :)


my baby Elcin :) love this girl with all my heart!
She is from Turkey, and this was her first "turkey day"

playin a little baseball :)
made me miss my little brothers.


trying to teach and girl from Taiwan, Austria, and Turkey
how to play spoons = ONE crazy card game :)
This month has been an interesting one for me....
I have been really homesick
I've talked to my mom like twice or three times
EVERYDAY.
I think she is ready to turn her phone off
Never the less, she picks it up without fail.
How eternally grateful I am for her
I am grateful for many things......
here are just a few:
I am grateful for the Gospel and the truthful peace it provides
I would be so very lost without it.
I am grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ
he has been by my side through every moment
and I love him with all my heart.
I am grateful for my parents, siblings, and niece
they are my sunshine on a cloudy day
and their bright smiles, and shining examples keep me going.
I am grateful for wonderful grandparents
who have passed on a legacy of faith and righteousness.
I am grateful for opportunities
I am grateful for trials
because in them we find the strength to overcome
I am grateful for wonderful friends
I am grateful for the chance I have to go Home
the opportunity I have to go to BYU
to play golf and to be surrounded by those I love.
Heavenly Father has given me more than I deserve
more than I could ever ask for
more than I ever needed.
and how grateful I am for him
Happy Holidays to all
I hope you will be able to find joy in each day
and laughter all along the way :)
xoxo
Always and Forever
Selu Marie




No comments:
Post a Comment