This post is a hard one for me to write....
I've been trying to put words together all week
but there are few that seem to suffice
Being away from Home and family when tragedy strikes
is something that will forever change you
something that has forever changed me.
My Dearest Auntie Vena
was called back to her Heavenly Home
Sunday November 27th
This wonderful woman
has forever changed the course of my life
and I simply cannot imagine where I would be
without her wonderful family

I remember the first time our families came together.....
We were living in San Diego at the time
and her boys were playing in a golf tournament there
They came to stay with us for a few days
and those few days would forever change our family.
It was then that my two younger brothers and I
decided to play Golf
It was then that we first met our cousins
Tony and Gipper and our Uncle Kelepi.
A few months later
my Uncle and Gipper flew back down
to help move our family to Utah.
My Mom had just had a baby
and moving a family of our size was never an easy task
My uncle drove the U-Haul
my Dad drove our family van full of kids
and we made our trek to Utah.
Upon arrival we came to find
that the home we had originally planned to live in
was no longer an option
here we are Dad, us 7 kids at the time
a brand new baby, and mother who was still recuperating
all our belongings packed into a u-haul
but no place to go for the time being........
But at that moment
an Angel
with a husband and 6 children of her own
took in an extra family of 9
She took care of my own mother
and insisted we all stay until we could arrange for a home.
This act of love and charity
truly exemplified the woman my Auntie Vena was throughout her entire life
Never were you left hungry, thirsty, or unloved in the presence of this woman
her smile and laughter could light up a household
and each of her children are testimonies of that.
Since that time this woman and her family
have become my own.
Her sons are my brothers
and her daughters my sisters
their love and example on the golf course and in life
are something that cannot be given a price tag
something I thank my Heavenly Father for everyday
Because of them
I have the game of golf.
I have a father who has come to understand me as his daughter
I have brothers who are by best friends
and a sister who looks to me in her every action
I have traveled to world
meeting people whom I will never forget
experienced things that have forever changed me
and accomplished fetes that will never leave me.
Because of them
I have been given scholarships, opportunities, and experiences
that I never could have imagined.
Because of them I am who I am today.
The sorrow and pain I feel for this family
is beyond explainable
as Death always is
and throughout this week I have often asked myself
Why?
Why them? Why now? Why this way?
Why ever?
and although I do not know and understand ALL things.....
This I do know
I know that my Auntie Vena lives on
that her family will be together again someday
and that they will forever be one.
I know that as heartbreaking and painstaking this experience has been,
the wonderful memories of love and laughter
will forever out weight this ache and pain.
How grateful I am for this wonderful woman
for the opportunity I had to call her Auntie
in the time she spent her on Earth.
How grateful I am for the wonderful children she raised
and the impact each of them have had on my life
their strength and testimonies are a beacon to all who know them
and I will forever love them with all my heart.






I love you Auntie Vena,
I promise to watch over your boys
as you always did.
I will love them as my own brothers
and remind them of your eternal love for them.
Say hello to my Grandma Eva and Grandpa Jack,
give them my love and take care of them for me.
Until we meet again,
Forever and Always
your niece Selu
xoxo




No comments:
Post a Comment