i am so HoRRiBle at updating.
i do promise i will get better though!
So much seems to happen in such a little amount of time...
It's crazy how sometimes you think life can't get much worse, and then it does.
But even more crazy how happy you are one moment and you don't think it can get any better,
And then IT DOES!
in short God is Great and i never cease to feel his LOVE.
my last post was "supposed" to lead to this one, and i guess it still will...
im just a wittle
WATE. ;)
Over the last few months life has seemed to take dramatic changes.
Changes
for
the better.
The last two years....
well lets just say they were very much a learning experience for me.
While in High School i had so many things i wanted to do
i was commited to play golf for BYU
but deep down in my heart i knew it wasn't what i truly wanted...
Ever since i was a little girl i dreamed of becoming a professional golfer.
i never enjoyed school.
my High School joy was simply having wonderful friends
and playing golf EVERYDAY.
Half way through my senior year I (me, myself, and I) no one else
decided that i didn't want to go to college.
I was going to fulfill my life long dream of becoming a professional golfer!
School became nothing more than
well NOTHING to be quite honest.
Now some may say my parents should have MADE me go to school
But if you know me and you know my parents...
that's just not how our relationship has ever been
They asked me to pray and seek my Heavenly Fathers help,
i did.
But i think he knew my mind was already set...
NO MORE SCHOOL FOR ME!
(i know, looking back now i laugh and can see how silly i was)
but NEVER once did my parents ever tell me
you couldn't
you shouldn't
you won't
or you can't
They have always been right beside me every step of the way
carrying me at times when i could no longer stand
down a path that seemed to lead nowhere.
Graduation came and I BARELY,
and when i mean barely
i mean we didn't even know if i was walking on the very morning of Graduation
BUT
i did it and i truly thought it was the end of my education FOREVER!
(HA little did i know... God had something else in mind)
That summer after High School
memories were made
friendships strengthened
and then goodbyes were given.
Each of my friends went off to conquer the world
and I was off to become a LPGA tour professional!
or so i thought....
To make a long story short
I can honestly say now, that it simply wasn't the RIGHT time.
Growing up i was always told that we have a time table for things
and God has a time table for things
He.
ALWAYS.
WINS.
end of story.
So.....
over the last two years I have been everywhere it seems.
After graduation I spent the first few months golfing everyday
trying my best to reach what i thought was what i was supposed to be doing.
For a little while things went well
I got closer and closer to my goal and loved the thought of it.
But each and every time I went to the BIG tournament it was as if
i blanked.
i would forget how to play golf in its entirety
and At the time I didn't want to tell myself this
but i knew this was not where i was supposed to be ...
it wasn't My time yet.
BUT
i kept pushing.
And honestly after a while
i lost.
i lost the love of the game.
i lost my heart to something i knew wasnt right.
and in the end
i lost
MYSELF.
Just after this time my parents made huge transitions in their life long business that changed
our families lifestyle dramatically.
I knew HOME was where i needed to be
and that is where i have learned more than i ever have in my entire life.
I learned that;
money isn't everything.
that
family will ALWAYS be there.
that
God knows what's best.
and always will.
that
you are NEVER alone.
that
a child's smile is sometimes all you need to get you through the day.
that
you don't simply lead through words
but by example.
that
prayers are answered.
in Gods way.
that
a mothers love never ceases amid trial and tribulation.
it only increases.
immensely.
that
the heart and love of a family can be found through adversity and struggle.
that
never is there enough time....
and that
there is ALWAYS sunshine after the storm.
I learned things from my family that will always and forever remain in my heart...
they taught me how to love myself and love all those around me
I saw love given
even when it wasn't at all deserved.
I saw sacrifices made,
that many others seemed to over look.
I saw a family come together
in Christ
in Heavenly Father
and in their love for us.
I never would have imagined myself living at home for as long as i have....
I never would have guessed that i would be a second Mom to each of my siblings....
I never would have seen that Garrett and i would become best of friends....
I never would have thought that i would pretty much plan a wedding for my sister....
I never thought that I would watch my parents sacrifice what they have for our family....
I never would have guess that the birth of a new child could bring such joy to a family....
And never would i have imagined that
ME.
I.
Selu Marie Fotu
would be SO LUCKY
so unbelievably, inconceivably LUCKY to watch each person in my family
become what they are today.
and although I may have lost time.
in the end
i
Found
myself.
They say that once we find ourselves
we find what God wants for us...
well i learned that for myself this last month.
My parents business is on its way back to what it once was
and as it heads that way
I have found myself wondering what's next?
where am i to go now?
But as the Lord has always brought me to the next stop on my path,
he has once again shown his grace and love to me in a way i never imagined.
Over Christmas break i stumbled across a
Junior College in Oklahoma
called Redlands Comunnity College
they have won numerous National Championships in the last few years and
SoMeThInG urged me to send their Coach my information
what the heck i thought?
i have nothing to lose.
So i filled out their golf application and sent him an email
wanting to know more about their program.
Within days he called and wanted me to come visit.
So....
The last weekend of January I flew out there to visit the campus.
AND
to say the least i fell in love with this little town of El Reno, Oklahoma :)
i love the school
the team
the coach
and everything about this place.
Even more so i felt my Heavenly Father presence all through out my stay there.
I felt it as i watched each girl on the team talk about their experience at this school.
I felt it as I called my mom the first night i was there.
and i felt him as i knelt to pray each and every night.
I know he works in mysterious ways,
but for me it was just what i needed.
~
I signed my Official Letter of Intent on the 4th of this month
and i will
be heading out there towards the end of July.
I guess in short
i feel my Heavenly Father guiding me all through this crazy little life of mine.
He knows what i need.
where i will go.
and what will happen all along the way
What took me some time to realize
was that
its simply my choice whether or not i will be submissive
and follow him with all my heart.
I do believe with everything inside me
that he LOVES me
and he surely loves YOU.
just find yourself
and by doing so, you will find Him!
much LoVe, Selu
i do promise i will get better though!
So much seems to happen in such a little amount of time...
It's crazy how sometimes you think life can't get much worse, and then it does.
But even more crazy how happy you are one moment and you don't think it can get any better,
And then IT DOES!
in short God is Great and i never cease to feel his LOVE.
my last post was "supposed" to lead to this one, and i guess it still will...
im just a wittle
WATE. ;)
Over the last few months life has seemed to take dramatic changes.
Changes
for
the better.
The last two years....
well lets just say they were very much a learning experience for me.
While in High School i had so many things i wanted to do
i was commited to play golf for BYU
but deep down in my heart i knew it wasn't what i truly wanted...
Ever since i was a little girl i dreamed of becoming a professional golfer.
i never enjoyed school.
my High School joy was simply having wonderful friends
and playing golf EVERYDAY.
Half way through my senior year I (me, myself, and I) no one else
decided that i didn't want to go to college.
I was going to fulfill my life long dream of becoming a professional golfer!
School became nothing more than
well NOTHING to be quite honest.
Now some may say my parents should have MADE me go to school
But if you know me and you know my parents...
that's just not how our relationship has ever been
They asked me to pray and seek my Heavenly Fathers help,
i did.
But i think he knew my mind was already set...
NO MORE SCHOOL FOR ME!
(i know, looking back now i laugh and can see how silly i was)
but NEVER once did my parents ever tell me
you couldn't
you shouldn't
you won't
or you can't
They have always been right beside me every step of the way
carrying me at times when i could no longer stand
down a path that seemed to lead nowhere.
Graduation came and I BARELY,
and when i mean barely
i mean we didn't even know if i was walking on the very morning of Graduation
BUT
i did it and i truly thought it was the end of my education FOREVER!
(HA little did i know... God had something else in mind)
That summer after High School
memories were made
friendships strengthened
and then goodbyes were given.
Each of my friends went off to conquer the world
and I was off to become a LPGA tour professional!
or so i thought....
To make a long story short
I can honestly say now, that it simply wasn't the RIGHT time.
Growing up i was always told that we have a time table for things
and God has a time table for things
He.
ALWAYS.
WINS.
end of story.
So.....
over the last two years I have been everywhere it seems.
After graduation I spent the first few months golfing everyday
trying my best to reach what i thought was what i was supposed to be doing.
For a little while things went well
I got closer and closer to my goal and loved the thought of it.
But each and every time I went to the BIG tournament it was as if
i blanked.
i would forget how to play golf in its entirety
and At the time I didn't want to tell myself this
but i knew this was not where i was supposed to be ...
it wasn't My time yet.
BUT
i kept pushing.
And honestly after a while
i lost.
i lost the love of the game.
i lost my heart to something i knew wasnt right.
and in the end
i lost
MYSELF.
Just after this time my parents made huge transitions in their life long business that changed
our families lifestyle dramatically.
I knew HOME was where i needed to be
and that is where i have learned more than i ever have in my entire life.
I learned that;
money isn't everything.
that
family will ALWAYS be there.
that
God knows what's best.
and always will.
that
you are NEVER alone.
that
a child's smile is sometimes all you need to get you through the day.
that
you don't simply lead through words
but by example.
that
prayers are answered.
in Gods way.
that
a mothers love never ceases amid trial and tribulation.
it only increases.
immensely.
that
the heart and love of a family can be found through adversity and struggle.
that
never is there enough time....
and that
there is ALWAYS sunshine after the storm.
I learned things from my family that will always and forever remain in my heart...
they taught me how to love myself and love all those around me
I saw love given
even when it wasn't at all deserved.
I saw sacrifices made,
that many others seemed to over look.
I saw a family come together
in Christ
in Heavenly Father
and in their love for us.
I never would have imagined myself living at home for as long as i have....
I never would have guessed that i would be a second Mom to each of my siblings....
I never would have seen that Garrett and i would become best of friends....
I never would have thought that i would pretty much plan a wedding for my sister....
I never thought that I would watch my parents sacrifice what they have for our family....
I never would have guess that the birth of a new child could bring such joy to a family....
And never would i have imagined that
ME.
I.
Selu Marie Fotu
would be SO LUCKY
so unbelievably, inconceivably LUCKY to watch each person in my family
become what they are today.
and although I may have lost time.
in the end
i
Found
myself.
They say that once we find ourselves
we find what God wants for us...
well i learned that for myself this last month.
My parents business is on its way back to what it once was
and as it heads that way
I have found myself wondering what's next?
where am i to go now?
But as the Lord has always brought me to the next stop on my path,
he has once again shown his grace and love to me in a way i never imagined.
Over Christmas break i stumbled across a
Junior College in Oklahoma
called Redlands Comunnity College
they have won numerous National Championships in the last few years and
SoMeThInG urged me to send their Coach my information
what the heck i thought?
i have nothing to lose.
So i filled out their golf application and sent him an email
wanting to know more about their program.
Within days he called and wanted me to come visit.
So....
The last weekend of January I flew out there to visit the campus.
AND
to say the least i fell in love with this little town of El Reno, Oklahoma :)
i love the school
the team
the coach
and everything about this place.
Even more so i felt my Heavenly Father presence all through out my stay there.
I felt it as i watched each girl on the team talk about their experience at this school.
I felt it as I called my mom the first night i was there.
and i felt him as i knelt to pray each and every night.
I know he works in mysterious ways,
but for me it was just what i needed.
~
I signed my Official Letter of Intent on the 4th of this month
and i will
be heading out there towards the end of July.
I guess in short
i feel my Heavenly Father guiding me all through this crazy little life of mine.
He knows what i need.
where i will go.
and what will happen all along the way
What took me some time to realize
was that
its simply my choice whether or not i will be submissive
and follow him with all my heart.
I do believe with everything inside me
that he LOVES me
and he surely loves YOU.
just find yourself
and by doing so, you will find Him!
much LoVe, Selu



No comments:
Post a Comment